BY Sam Campbell
Ready in 30 Minutes | Serves 2
For that classic crab-cake style dish, easy as snack, starter with a green salad, sandwiched between lovely fluffy white burger buns for an ultimate meal, I’ve created a CRACKER Ceres Organics based recipe for the whole family. Give it a crack. Mix it up with different fresh herbs, or add feta or greens to give it a boost.
The almond spiked curry mayo is EPIC. I was quite surprised how moreish and banging this was. Works great with vegetables, crudite, and as a salad dressing. Vegans will love this.
Follow Sam on Instagram @chefsamcampbell for his culinary adventures.
Vegan Crab Cake
1 tin Organic Young Jackfruit , drained & shredded
1 cup panko crumbs
1 tbsp mustard
½ cup corn kernels
1 tbsp Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
3 spring onion, finely sliced
1 tsp cupboard spices: options paprika, curry powder, chilli flakes, turmeric
Spicy Curried Cocktail Sauce
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp Organic Ketchup
1 tsp Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
squeeze lemon juice to taste
1. Mix the Jackfruit with the mayo, breadcrumbs, mustard, corn, Tamari and spring onion. Sprinkle over spices of your choice. I LOVE paprika, cumin and cayenne. Season.
2. Let the mix sit for 5 minutes, so the crumbs can absorb the liquid and to create some ‘sticking’. If it’s too dry, add more vegan mayo.
3. Press into patties/fritters. Heat a non stick pan, add some neutral cooking oil/coconut oil/olive oil, heat to medium and carefully cook for 4 minutes each side. Be careful to check it isn’t too hot as can burn easily.
4. Flip and cook a further 3-4 min. Sit on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
5. TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Mix all ingredients well, season with Tamari and lemon juice.