BY Sam Campbell
Ready in 10 min prep time, 20-25 min cook time | Serves 4
One. Pot. Wonder. Did someone say Winter Pumpkin + Tofu + Almond Butter Curry? Helllll Yes. Again, this one is for busy people. I’ve thrown this together all in under 10 mins and let it do its thing for 20-25 minutes. I’ve added black beans (you could use red kidney or lentils) and soft boiled eggs for extra protein and for a bit more of a traditional spin.
Follow Sam on Instagram @chefsamcampbell for his culinary adventures or at chefsamcampbell.com
½ onion sliced
3 garlic cloves sliced
1 tbsp sliced ginger
3 tbsp red curry paste
1 can Organic Coconut Cream
1 cup water
1 tbsp Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
1 skin on buttercup pumpkin, seeded & diced
1 can Organic Black Beans , drain & rinsed
1 bag fried tofu or 1 cup firm tofu
Juice of half lemon or lime
Garnish with coriander/mint/laksa leaves, peanuts or fried shallots.
Add an 8 minute peeled soft boiled egg per person with the tofu and you have a winner.
1. Heat a heavy base deep pot/cast iron slow cooker
2. Add a tbsp neutral oil/peanut oil then add your onion/garlic/ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add curry paste & almond butter, stir well, then add your pumpkin and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add coconut cream, water, tamari and black beans.
5. Bring to boil, cover and reduce to medium heat, cook 20-25 minutes
6. Add tofu after 10 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes check the seasoning, add the lemon juice and BOOM. It’s ready. Top with optional extras if you wish!