Sarah Tanner’s Sunday Spring Reset
Spring is here!
Although the weather isn’t quite up to scratch yet, we can make sure you certainly feel like you’re ready for sunshine! Set aside a day to reset, realign and cleanse yourself inside and out.
Having a day that you nurture and nourish your body – on a regular basis, helps create lasting habits and can be the catalyst for more healthy choices.
Try this reset day once a fortnight, or if you want real benefits, once a week.
Choose organic produce where possible, and shop at your local farmers market. Why not grab your ingredients at the market on a Saturday so your Sunday can be dedicated to this.
Preparation for your reset…
The day before, or even two days before, reduce (or ideally – eliminate) alcohol, caffeine, refined sugar, processed foods, dairy and meat. Also, try to reduce time spent with negative people who might think the idea of a reset is ridiculous. You want to go into this with positivity and enthusiasm! If they can’t be avoided, just keep it to yourself…or better yet, ask them to join you!
The night before your reset, soak your Blissful Bircher to be ready for the morning.
On the day of your reset…
-Upon waking, write down 5 things you are grateful for right at that moment in your life. It could be something as simple as the basic fact you woke up!
– Set your intentions for your reset. This can be done the night before if you prefer. Think about why you are doing this for yourself. When you have a strong, connecting why, it makes for more consistent change.
– Drink plenty of spring water throughout the day. Anytime you feel a craving for something sweet, or salty, or whatever it is, have a large glass of water.
– Try some gentle movement. A walk in nature, a yoga class, a bike ride, or whatever you love to do that isn’t too strenuous. Today is about restoration.
– If you have a bath, use it! Grab some Epsom salts, essential oils and have a soak. Maybe this could be the last thing you do for the day. If you have children, once they are in bed, light a candle and use the time to reflect on the experience.
– Do a dry body brush. This is ideal before the shower or bath, and a great habit to get into for every day. It is wonderful for circulation, detoxification and lymphatic drainage. Choose a nourishing body oil to massage on after your shower or bath to complete the experience.
– Be kind to yourself. You are going to have cravings, no doubt. But instead of beating yourself up for having the thoughts, or telling yourself you’re weak – acknowledge them – and let them go. It’s just one day…and see it as a treat to yourself, not punishment.
The Reset Menu…
Upon waking – The Sun Goddess Juice
Breakfast – Blissful Bircher
Mid-morning – Gracious Green Smoothie
Lunch – Abundance Bowl
Mid afternoon – Handful of almonds and Best Beets Smoothie
Dinner – Vitality Collard Wraps
The Sun Goddess Juice
3 oranges, skin removed
1 thumb sized knob of fresh turmeric root
1 lemon, skin removed
1 carrot, if organic, leave unpeeled
Juice all ingredients apart from the apple cider vinegar. If you don’t have a juicer, you can blend it all and strain through a sieve.
Add the apple cider vinegar and drink.
Blissful Bircher – to be made the night before
1 cup Ceres Organics Bircher
200mls plant milk, I like to use oat milk
1 TBS coconut yoghurt
1 TBS fresh or frozen organic berries
A sprinkle of Ceres Organics Desiccated Coconut
Boil the jug and steep the chai tea in 200mls water for around 10 minutes. Add the 200mls plant milk and pour all the liquid over the Bircher. Stir through and place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, serve with the coconut yoghurt, berries, chia seeds and coconut.
Gracious Green Smoothie
4 large leafy greens, kale, spinach, silver beet or chard is ideal
a small knob of fresh ginger
½ a lemon, skin removed
¼ an avocado
1 tsp spirulina
4 Ceres Organics Pitted Dates, if you feel it needs sweetening
500mls spring water
Place everything into the blender and blend until smooth. Try not to gulp it down, drink it slowly to prevent any bloating.
2 cups leafy salad greens
2 carrots, spiraled or julienned
½ an avocado
2 TBS sprouts, mung bean sprout are perfect
¼ an orange to squeeze over
1 tsp Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Cold-Pressed Olive Oil, or flax oil drizzled over greens
1 TBS coconut yoghurt with ½ tsp Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce whisked through as a sauce to place in the avocado
Build the bowl like in the picture shown or combine together in a large bowl with everything massaged through, including the avocado. You shouldn’t need salt with the tamari added, however, feel free to add a fresh crack of black pepper, or even nutritional yeast for added vitamins.
Best Beets Smoothie
¾ cup peeled and cubed beetroot
Small knob of fresh ginger
¼ cup frozen blueberries
2 brazil nuts
½ an orange, skin removed
2-4 Ceres Organics RAW Pitted Dates if you feel you need a little sweetener
450mls spring water
Place everything in the blender and blend until smooth. Drink slowly and mindfully. A little tip is to imagine chewing your smoothie, so you set up your digestive enzymes in your tummy to get ready for the nutrition. It also help prevent any bloating that can be experienced when drunk too fast.
Vitality Collard Wraps
3 large collard leaves
2 cups spiraled or grated beetroot
½ an avocado, sliced
1 green capsicum, sliced
¼ red onion, finely sliced
A handful of coriander leaves, or parsley if you prefer
1 TBS coconut yoghurt with 1 tsp Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce whisked through
Build the wraps by laying out the collard leaves, with the hard ends removed, and dark green side face down. Place on the beetroot, followed by the remaining ingredients and wrap it all up. If your leaves are narrow, place an extra leaf on top and then roll.